Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » The world of sheet steel sounds

Post subject: Locked threads
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 am

I'm really quite upset now... I just wrote a long reply to the recently locked thread only to post it and find the thread had been locked and my entire 30 minutes of writing that could and probably would have changed the world forever was lost!!!!!!

This whole business of late is an embarrasment to the Hang.... I didn't write that in my last post that was lost but now i'm slightly annoyed I think it needs to be said.

Unless we get actual information from PANart about what is write and what is wrong then opinion and informaiton that is drip fed by anyone that has visited PANart quite frankly counts for nothing....

I cannot even begin to wrtite what I wrote before it was lost as there was so much heart felt writing used and my own opinions on what needs to happen in this community if we're to get through this... but seeing as its lost I suppose my own say has been cut off which annoys the hell out of me!!!

This instrument was born only a relatively short time ago... it was a beautiful birth but as the Hang has reached childhood its turned into the Omen, causing rifts and upset along the way... I have nothing but respect for the Hang and PANart, for the Halo and Kyle and for BELLart and Luis for trying to bring something wonderful into this world... but until everyone accepts these instruments are here to stay, they are going to be grouped under a family name, they will all sound different they will all look different but like the human race they are the same family!!!!! but who has the say on what to call them.... I don't care anymore......

Oh whats the point, I really wanted my last post to be published but seeing as that has now been lost to the depths of time I suppose my say has also been lost as I really can't be bothered with this anymore.

Until PANart come on this forum or any other for that matter, or send a communication out to the world then really we're only ever going to go around in circles.

Respect to all and to all a good day.

Post subject: Re: Locked threads
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 am

Hi,

sorry Kelly. The threads you spoke about are locked until early in the morning. It is clear to see, that this topics are closed.
If you post something and have a problem to send it, you can use the return bottom from your webbrowser and there is your posting.
Then you can copy the post and paste it in another posting. Not a big problem.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

@Kelly

I dont understand one technical thing. At the locked threads you dont find the "post reply" button. There must be only a big red "closed" sign at the point where normally the "post reply" button is.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

I think Kelly was online very early in the morning and started to write his post when the topic wasn't closed. While he was writing Funky Mod closed the topic. Then Kelly sent his post to the forum and it was refused because the forum software now detected that the topic was closed. This is a weak point of the forum software. I is very seldom that something like this happens (someone is just writing when a moderator close the topic) but it is very annoying for the writer when it happens. I'm sorry, Kelly, that you became a victim of this coincidence nobody intended.

Therefor it is helpful for everybody to know what Funky just wrote:

If you have any problem after you sent a post to the forum, and you think your post is lost, don't become flustered! Take your hands off the keyboard, think for a moment, and then klick the return button of your browser. This will bring you back to the editor window where you wrote your text. You can copy your post and insert it in a new opened posting.

Ix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 pm

I tried that believe me but it took me straight back to the main topics page.... i'm over it now, it was just incredibly frustrating at 7.40am when I posted and it said thread locked!!!!

I'm sure my post would have just been drivel to most but to me it was life changing, world changing as was probably going to be nomintaed for a nobel prize :) but its lost and now nobody will know apart from my fingers who had the plreasure of a very early morning keyboard workout LOL

No harm done... just frustrating

Jump to: