Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: My invitation to Bern has been cancelled
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I received a ‘yes’ from Panart in March with an invitation to visit in July. As you can imagine, I was completely overwhelmed. I started a thread on the Hangpan forum ‘I got a ‘Yes’’ and many members were really supportive with their advice and support.
I have never seen a Hang and planned to go to Bern unsure if I would actually leave with one. They truly touched my soul but that didn’t mean that one would want to come with me or indeed that I would feel physically connected to it.

Two days ago, I got such a shock to receive an email from Panart cancelling my invitation. Apparently they had come upon some of my posts in the Hangpan forum and it has caused them to change their minds. They say that they are confused as “they can’t bring together my letter and the statements in the forum”
Here are the posts that has caused them to cancel my visit

Have absolutely fallen in Love with these works of art. I would be very interested in buying your drum
(my third post on the forum from last September when I was completely new to the handpan. I was thinking about buying an Eclipse)

I'm one of the panless peasants.I've been fishing for some months since I caught the initial pan addiction. So I follow any of the swap and sale threads salivating hoping to be able to feed my hunger by finding a handpan to buy
(there was a very dubious seller who used the terms Pan priests and peasants and ‘fishing’. I went on to the finish the post that I would not want to buy any pan from him but Panart didn’t read the rest of the post)

I want an Eclipse because of the shape and the practice of moving my hands in a similar way to a handpan ( and I think they sound amazing) . I have no idea if I'll ever be offered the opportunity to 'bankrupt' myself to get one...
(someone had remarked that the ebay price was enough to bankrupt them)

So, let me assure you (and you can trust me) that I am well prepared and I am absolutely certain that when MY Hang arrives.. I WILL BE THE BEST HANGPLAYER IN THE WORLD.
PS it doesn't matter if I have a SPb or Bells or Halo, I will still be the best Hangplayer..just so you know)

(Ahhhhh the best Hangpan in the world... this was a totally facetious response to a ridiculous thread)

I replied explaining in depth that I have a very tongue in cheek style of writing and the last post above was very facetious. I explained that these posts have to be read in context with their thread. Also that British humour is subtle, full of satire and irony.

Quite honestly, I am still not completely sure of their objection to some of these posts. But whatever, they obviously think that I am a fake.

I can quite understand that it must break their heart to be duped by those who write a ‘good letter’ and then flip their Hangs on ebay and no doubt, Panart must be very wary by now.

I also understand that no matter how well you might speak English... it is another matter for a non-native Speaker to appreciate the subtleties and nuances of the language. And Humour of course is completely cultural and very subjective.

I wrote to tell them respectfully that they have judged me hastily. What really hurts me is that I have put my heart on my sleeve and asked them to meet and speak with me personally before judging me on posts taken out of context. My flight and train tickets have already been paid for and they are non-refundable so I was prepared to go anyway to meet with them. They could still choose not to ‘put a Hang in my lap’ or indeed I might choose not to buy one.
But Panart has asked me to respect their decision regarding the cancellation.

I don’t share this with you in order to stir anger over this matter. They can choose to whom they wish to sell their Hang. I am not angry. I am saddened by it.

If time and circumstance have made Panart this suspicious and rigid in their views, then their Hang is not for me anyway.

I think those of you still writing to Panart should be aware that ‘someone’ trawls these forums and this someone doesn’t speak English well enough to interpret posts nor does s/he read post through to gain full insight. It would appear that posts are read completely out of context and used to judge the genuineness of those who write to them.

However, this forum is just about Hanghang so maybe you can offer better insight for me
Perhaps some of our Swiss or German members might shed some light on my posts above and explain how they may seem inappropriate or objectionable.

Whatever transpires, my quest for a Hang is now over.

Post subject: Re: My invitation to Bern has been cancelled
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Hello,

you ask me on another topic, that you want to read my thoughts about your posting and the situation. I thought about not to answer, because some of my real thoughts will be lost in translation.
Please have in mind, that my grammar is not the best and that I must search some time for the correct words on LEO.org or other websites.
Unfortunately the search results give me for only one german word a lot of results. So, from time to time I made the wrong choice. And my words are not very "sugar coated", because of that. This could be a problem. I know, that you are from Asia and that makes it not easyer. So, I hope you read my words with "good will".
Dont be afraid. My englisch is good enough to understand your answer and I am able to read between the lines. I am also skilled to understand "british humour".
I watched a lot of Monty Python in my life. ;)

I only could speak for myself and all what I have to say is my point of view about the situation.

First I have a question. Why do you want an answer from me? And why you made this posting on Hangforum and Handpan.org?

You wrote, that you dont want to stir anger over this matter. But this is exact the result of your posting. A lot of anger. I read all the answers on Handpan.org.

I understand, that you are frustrated. But I understand also the Hangmakers. I am in regular contact with the Hangmakers and I think I can bring the quotes from their cancellation into relation and the right context.

Do you read the answer from Gothang on Handpan.org? There is an idea, what is going on. I think there is much more, as only a few quotes from your postings on Handpan.org. They are certainly not to viewed in isolation. And this is not, what Panart did.
Please change your perspective for an moment. You wrote an letter to Panart. You ask for an Free Integral Hang. The Hangmakers ask people all the time to think about, if the Free Integral Hang is realy what they need and want. There are a lot of communications direct from Panart on http://www.hangblog.org.

If I read a few from your postings on Handpan.org I have also the feeling, that you dont read carefully what the Free Integral Hang is and what not.
You are searching for an "Handpan". This is what you wrote in a lot of topics.
The Hangmakers are artists. There "Art" is a serious matter. It is not very respectfull to ignore all the time their feelings about their art.
I dont want to go so deep in the history of Panart, but there is a history! And if you wrote:

Touchesmysoul wrote:
I'm one of the panless

you confuse a lot of things. Yes, you are confused. PAN is the opposite from HANG. PAN is for ecstasy. It has a reason, why the people in Trinidad and Tobago (the home of the PAN) use the PAN only for a few days a year. This sound makes you crazy, if you are not carefull.
OK. Hang can make people also crazy, if they are not carefull and a little bit serious. But if you are, it could be very helpfull to come down, a little bit. It could help to connect with you inner self.

I think that Panart has the feeling, that you are not realy searching for the Free Integral Hang. They are looking for people who are a little bit in resonance with their work of art. That means not, that they want to make rules, or that people must be worthy or not worthy to play a Hang. This is another misunderstanding and one of the main source to spread such misunderstandings is the Handpan.org forum.

Why you dont read all the informations on Hangblog.org? You speak all the time about "Handpan" in your posting. This is nothing what Panart can and want to make for you.

I quote Panart from the 2010 newsletter:

PANArt wrote:
To state it clearly and precisely: we do not make percussion instruments, handpans or hang drums.

http://www.hangblog.org/newsletter-pana ... 19th-2010/

I strongly recomment to read "The call of iron" and the "Hang Guide". Easy to find on Hangblog.org

If you understand, what Panart has to say about their work, you will hopefully understand why they feel a dissonance between your letter and all the postings you made on Handpan.org.
I dont read or know your letter. But I know, that you likely dont speak the "same language" on your letter as on Handpan.org.

There is much more behind this story. It is not all about fun and chit-chat on communitys. I can imagine, that the Hangmakers miss a certain amount of maturity.
Maybe it is good as it is? You dont must follow self-styled teachers only to find out sooner or later, that the Free Integral Hang is not to master.

I have much more thoughts in mind, but at the moment no more time. I think enough is said.

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I truly appreciate it. I also appreciate your clarification that you've done your best to translate and choose your words. I am Chinese originally from Singapore and though the Chinese also have a very direct way of talking, English is my Mother tongue. I promise you that I am reading your reply with 'good will'

I have only just come home from work so I quickly read the Handpan forum to see what 'anger' you were referring to. So far, in my opinion. the Handpan forum have been really good at just stating their feelings and opinions without losing their heads. There is only one post, in my opinion, which was a little harsh and I will respond to that when I have finished with this reply to you. I asked for a reply from you or Michael on the handblog because I felt that you were unlikely to respond to the Handpan forum. I have read some of the past friction. But as this is a question about the Hang, I also felt that this was the more appropriate place to find some explanation. I posted it on the Handpan forum as well as the Hangblog in the interest of sharing information and knowledge, not to make trouble. There are many people who dream about the Hang and wait year after year just in case they may get a 'yes' . If it takes a certain character type or philosophy about getting a 'yes' then it's best that we are all clear about them. I am not frustrated but I was bewildered. Reading the rest of your response, you have cleared up quite a bit for me. I continue this conversation so that it can be clear for others too.

Yes I read everything I could about the Hang even the German posts which I used google to translate. It was The call to Iron and the Hang guide (I’ve read them several times and downloaded the guide) which made up my mind for me about the Hang and when I wrote my letter, I wrote my understanding of their philosophy. I am a ‘medicine woman’ with about 25 years experience. I don’t know if you know what this is.. but it means traditional ways of using sound and vibration for insight, meditation healing.. etc.. but the Hang immediately struck me as something very personal.. and I wrote my understanding of that. I thought about it alot before writing a letter because besides everything it’s also expensive and it would cost me more than £2000 in total. I asked myself if I wanted to afford that and after deep reflection it was yes I did.

But let me put it in a better picture. I saw the Hang on TV completely by accident in Sept 2011. And it did indeed Touch My Soul. I spent the rest of the night trying to find out what that sound/music/instrument was. My search engine found the Handpan forum, the Hangforum did not come up and besides I would not have appreciated the difference then anyway.

I immediately read as much as I could and watched all the vids etc like someone hungry to learn as much as possible. All your quotes about being ‘panless’ and wanting to try an Eclipse tongue drum come from that time. I did buy an Eclipse and learned the hard way that it was not the same but I thought it was a place to start. The one thing I did learn was that it was very unlikely to get any pan in the near future.
As time went on and I learned some more, the difference between the Hang and the Handpan world became more and more clear. And I found the hangblog and read as much as I could.
So you see when you say that I am confused, you are referring to posts written when I found out about the world of the Hang and Handpans for the first time.

The handpans are great musical instruments and made for sharing but I am not musical. But I do understand about using sound to touch deep within and then letting that feeling pour out into the world. I thought I did understand Panarts’ philosophy but perhaps you’re right and I did not... but I wrote my letter very genuinely and it was resonant enough for them to invite me to come to Bern. I wrote it in November 2011. I thought that I would wait for years.

I am a volunteer mental health counsellor as well as having a job as a rehab therapist. I don’t mind sharing with you that I wanted the Hang to sit quietly and bring harmony to my sometimes stressed state... a way of letting the Universe connect with me too. I had no such aspirations to ‘master’ the Hang anymore than I could think to master my cat or a beautiful sunrise.
I did not plan for it to ever leave my home or to let anyone else touch it except for my sons when they come to visit at Christmas.

But as far as the Handpan forum is concerned. I enjoy being a part of that community. It’s good to read and learn what others think. I also read many posts in this forum too but did not join because it wasn’t very active. The handpan forum has a lot of laughter and fun which I also enjoy.
There is a time to be serious and there is a time to be playful.
You’re right, my manner and language on the Handpan forum has always been playful, light and friendly but there have been many heartfelt private messages sent and received but of course that is private. You might also realise that I have tried to calm some of the friction you and some others may have experienced in the past too.

I know this post is getting long so let me finish with an analogy.
I have posted in the past about my cat. You see when I wanted to buy another kitten, I rang all the breeders to talk to them first. I knew quite alot about cats but I also knew that many breeders want their cats to remain indoor cats. So at the first phone call I clarify with them that I believe a cat is an outdoor animal.
Many breeders immediately refuse to sell me their kitten.
I understand. They don’t think I am a bad person and I don’t think they are bad just that our philosophy is different. Sure it is a business but it is important to them only to let their kitten go to a home that they choose, not just anyone just to make a sale.
But I know what to ask and to clarify before I get in my car, spend money on petrol and fall in love with any kitten.

Do you see the parallel I am trying to offer? Many who wrote to Panart (and they do read the publications) maybe don’t realise that there are still other criteria to fulfil.

Those quotes of mine sent back to me gave me the impression that I was being judged for simply even being on the Handpan forum and consorting with others. Like it was a mistake and error to be interested in learning about other makers and their creation. I also got the impression that they thought I was a fake when I wrote to them and they caught my true colours on the hangforum.

So.. If I want to have a Ferrari (and I do value and understand the uniqueness of a Ferrari)from the owners, I cannot look at other cars or talk to other car makers because I will get confused and think that the Ferrari is also a car when it is an automotive creation... something like this..?
Also if I get an invitation to come buy a Ferrari (because its’ not free) I must not be seen to be interested also in other cars. Even though maybe I want to keep the Ferrari at home and buy a small car for going to the market, Ferrari owners won’t like that because they will think that I don’t understand or appreciate the uniqueness their creation.

The fact that I have never driven any car before and am interested in learning all about them will be seen as a negative thing.

I know I have used very simple examples..but that was how it seemed to me.
If that is not the case, then I am happy to be shown my errors. But like I said, I am most disappointed in them that they refuse my suggestion to meet and speak with me personally before judging me. But like you said... maybe they know what it is they are looking for.

My mission is to share that with others who might also get their heart hurt because they don’t have the full picture. Just because you get a ‘yes’ does not mean that you will get to go to Bern so don’t spend your money too soon on travel. Wait, just in case Panart decides that they have made a mistake. and that it is possible that we are tracked online.. as I was.

I promise you that I am not angry, just sad, so I won’t encourage any anger on the handpan forum either. But they are a passionate lot and let them voice their emotions, it will die down and we will talk calmly.

But I do appreciate your response. Thank you again
Sha’yo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi Sha’yo,
I replied to your comment on hangblog.org (before your last reply here):
http://www.hangblog.org/2011/02/16/info ... ment-13086

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 am

Michael Paschko wrote:
Hi Sha’yo,
I replied to your comment on hangblog.org (before your last reply here):
http://www.hangblog.org/2011/02/16/info ... ment-13086

Michael

And that is exactly how it is, that's a good response Michael. This gives a much clearer insight for people on how PANart work and how they view potential customers.

I also like the analogy from TouchesmySoul.

TouchesmySoul wrote:
I know this post is getting long so let me finish with an analogy.
I have posted in the past about my cat. You see when I wanted to buy another kitten, I rang all the breeders to talk to them first. I knew quite alot about cats but I also knew that many breeders want their cats to remain indoor cats. So at the first phone call I clarify with them that I believe a cat is an outdoor animal.
Many breeders immediately refuse to sell me their kitten.
I understand. They don’t think I am a bad person and I don’t think they are bad just that our philosophy is different. Sure it is a business but it is important to them only to let their kitten go to a home that they choose, not just anyone just to make a sale.

Their business, their Art, their choice.... it's nothing about the worthiness of purchase, it's about the purchase not being right for the buyer.

I completely agree, if all you have are online YOUTUBE videos to go by then the FIH is not the instrument for you. You will be far better off with an older Hang which PANart no longer sell so that’s always going to be a tricky area on purchase, or one of the Handpans out there, Halo, SPB or BELL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Thank you Kelly for offering what you believe is good advice. But just for the sake of ongoing discussion, how do you know that the FIH is not for me because I have only seen it on TV and youtube? I admitted as much to Panart when I wrote to them and still they invited me. You don’t know me, my background, my life experience...nothing but a few sentences made on a forum.
Somebody else has also made the assumption that I must be one every maker’s list and Panart answered first. To date, I can categorically say that I have not been on any list except for the Zen which my son really likes.

I am an honourable woman, and I didn’t know if a FIH was for me either but I was willing to pay money to travel to find out. My intuition was telling me that as I would be going from ‘zero to hero’, the FIH would probably overwhelm me... and if there was no harmony between us (after however long Felix and Sabina would let me stay) then I planned to ask if they could keep me in mind for any IH that comes back instead. .. all water under the bridge now.

However, what is more interesting to me is that there is dialogue going on.

I wonder what would have transpired if, (whoever it was who was reading my posts on the Forum...hypothetically, let’s say it was you Michael) I wonder how events might have turned out if you had contacted me personally and in a friendly way asked me about those posts and gave me an opportunity to share some things with you before judging that I must be confused. After all, I had already written to ask your help on the hangblog and you must have recognised me as Handpan.org only lists my ‘handle’ and not my name or email address.
Maybe I would have convinced you that I DO know the difference between the Hang and handpans. Maybe I would have also convinced you that I know that the Hang is not for musical rhythms and the like and there is no tuition for playing it except what you teach and bring out of yourself.
Maybe I would have whispered to you.. that even Colin wrote advice that the Hang is a personal experience and development and not to get caught up on techniques. I might have shared that I have a joke that ‘I lurve Colin’ because he is a kind, generous and sharing man and I would want to support him in any endeavour..like buying his DVD. If Colin made a DVD on ‘How to change a tyre’ or ‘How to bake a cake’ .. I would also buy it and tell him that I am studying it every day. (I already wrote about the early posts on pans before I learned their difference so I won’t repeat them.)
But there was no dialogue, just judgement.

Who knows how I might have impressed you with my depth of feeling and tuning into the Hang? Maybe not at all... or maybe very much but no dialogue took place.

Maybe if you had, hypothetically, quietly advised me that the Handpan.org was not the place to learn about Hang, I might have listened. I might have chosen the Hang over a virtual community.

But that person did not make contact and so I continued unaware that all posts were being studied and judged. Despite the turn of events though, the funny thing is that I still feel a connection to the Hang.

To me, it’s a wonder that that powerful and enigmatic vessel can still draw me when what I have experienced from its makers is a cold, closed door. I think it must be the energy that I still mentally project towards it.

Spike wrote to me that through this I will experience more of a lesson that I ever expected.... and he was right, I have.

So I would like to share that.
The Handpan community have been so kind and supportive to me that I can feel my heart filled almost to bursting. I’m happy that dialogue is going on there on this subject, some angry, some cool but many words of wisdom. That’s just the public stuff.

In private, I have received so so so many messages of gifts of kind words and songs and other very generous offers and gestures too. They have shown such loving kindness and such generosity of spirit that I am almost blown away and don’t know how to respond to them in words.

I know I don’t have a Hang in my lap but no matter how spectacular it is as a work of art, it is still an object.
It cannot be compared to such an outward demonstration of love and support as I have received. I would not have had the chance to experience that otherwise... so in a way, I’d like to thank Panart, for indirectly making that happen for me. It’s a priceless gift.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 pm

just wondering... by saying "Yes" to you, they have made a verbal agreement to have a deal with you. on that basis you have spended some money on your plane tickets, scheduled your trip, perhaps took an unpaid vacation from your work and possible other expenses(moral for ex).

then they cancel the agreement in one way manner, should'nt a gentleman atleast compensate the costs he had drove you into? what do you think about this? Michael, Frank? any expert opinion on the matter?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 am

TouchesmySoul wrote:
I wonder what would have transpired if, (whoever it was who was reading my posts on the Forum...hypothetically, let’s say it was you Michael) I wonder how events might have turned out if you had contacted me personally

I've received email asking me about the above.
May I stress here that I said 'hypothetically'. Please let me clarify that I have no idea who that person was. I am not trying to accuse Michael in any way... but used him as an example to put a human element into the equation. To give it heart.

Art is full of emotion, it reaches out and grabs you. I feel that this cancellation has been so cold that I can't believe it comes from artists who create with such passion.. maybe there's a spyware that scans all posts for certain words...who knows???

I certainly don't understand the rigidity and inflexibility and I didn't want to crawl away with my tail between my legs when IN MY OPINION, it has been unjust. Nor do I feel the need to kiss-ass either in the hope that someone can affect a change of heart.

It's done! I don't know Michael, have never met him but every time I have asked a question, he has been helpful, polite and informative. I just didn't know the right questions to ask. I didn't know there were more questions to ask.

I think comments like 'handpan.org trap' might have been re-worded ... 'there are two schools of thought'... but again.. who knows!

The Hang stirs emotion... and Handpans and their music also stir emotion... and we are emotional people... what do you expect but people are going to be emotional about this!

So once more just for posterity, I used Michael's name as a hypothetical example. I don't know who it was. But I do know that it was SOMEONE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 am

TouchesmySoul wrote:
Thank you Kelly for offering what you believe is good advice. But just for the sake of ongoing discussion, how do you know that the FIH is not for me because I have only seen it on TV and youtube? I admitted as much to Panart when I wrote to them and still they invited me. You don’t know me, my background, my life experience...nothing but a few sentences made on a forum.
Somebody else has also made the assumption that I must be one every maker’s list and Panart answered first. To date, I can categorically say that I have not been on any list except for the Zen which my son really likes.

Everything I write on any forum is my opinion only, drawn from the knowledge I have gained and experiences with all these steel instruments over the last 7 years of playing them and running the HangOut event in the UK.

I apologise if my advice has been taken badly, that was never my intention. My intentions are to only educate, welcome and build relations with the good people of this world who share a common interest.

I do not know you, you are right my assumptions should not be based on just the words that are written in a forum

I also apologise for my post on Handpan.org for saying "by the looks of it TouchesmySoul put herself onto many waiting lists for an instrument" that was an assumption made by your original post of wanting an Eclipse, and the general assumption that most people on that forum are on many waiting lists, so I am sorry for that assumption it was wrong of me.

I wish you luck on your journey and if the Hang is what you truly desire then my hope is that PANart will rethink their decision and contact you soon to rekindle your invite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 am

TouchesmySoul wrote:
I've received email asking me about the above.
May I stress here that I said 'hypothetically'. Please let me clarify that I have no idea who that person was. I am not trying to accuse Michael in any way... but used him as an example to put a human element into the equation. To give it heart.

Art is full of emotion, it reaches out and grabs you. I feel that this cancellation has been so cold that I can't believe it comes from artists who create with such passion.. maybe there's a spyware that scans all posts for certain words...who knows???

Thanks for the compliment.

You can't believe that the emotional artists of PANArt were responsible for the cancellation but Michael is obviously cold enough to be 'hypothetically' responsible for it.

What a joke to call this "to give heart". :rolleyes:

"Human element" Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm not sure if you're attempting humour...I can't tell.. so I'm not going to respond.

Kelly.. I thought you were a girl... you're the male badger?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 pm

I think the answer from Michael was serious. Not humor. Maybe a little bit ironic, but I understand his reason.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

TouchesmySoul wrote:
Kelly.. I thought you were a girl... you're the male badger?

Yes, male Kelly. People make the assumption i'm a girl all the time, i'm used to it :) Real name on here, Badgerboy over there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Frank Sturm wrote:
I think the answer from Michael was serious. Not humor. Maybe a little bit ironic, but I understand his reason.

Frank

Yes.... sometimes we are made wise only in hindsight...
I should have said... hypothetically..let's call him Fred

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

TouchesmySoul wrote:
Frank Sturm wrote:

Frank

I went away.. and then came back..
somehow.. I feel that I have hurt you Michael ... if so, I am sorry.

Sha'yo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm

TouchesmySoul wrote:
Frank Sturm wrote:

Frank

Yes, that would be far better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:26 pm

no thoughts on breaking verbal agreements here?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

levinson.victor wrote:
no thoughts on breaking verbal agreements here?

Actually, I have more than a verbal agreement.. I have written agreement as they sent me a paper invitation.

and you're right.. I did have to apply for vacation, put a deposit on a cattery for my cat.
My friend was coming with me.. and because we were flying from Aberdeen..(always very expensive connections) we had to book Aberdeen -Frankfurt-Zurich and then book trains to Bern.
Also because of the flight times...we would have to stay three days, arrive Thursday, meet Panart Friday, couldn't get flight Saturday so booked for Sunday.

I invested in the good faith.... booking early to get a decent price which I did.. that's why it non-refundable. GOOD FAITH and a written invitation. I also have an email in which I said that I would not book my flight until they confirmed my appointment. Sabina replied with email confirming acceptance of my arrival and appointment at the Hangbau.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

The whole story is a sad story. Looking from your perspective it is annoying because of the booking you already made. From PANArt's perspective we should realize that they make decisions only on the basis of a single letter. So they invest a lot of trust in their potential customers. When they are convinced that the basis for this trust isn't existent anymore, should they be forced to be bind to the former decision?

I think if it is your opinion that you have a claim for compensation you should address it to PANArt. This forum cannot help you. We are not layers.

One last comment to this topic: I noticed that the topic "Invitation to buy a Hang cancelled." on handpan.org where TouchmySoul's case was discussed is now closed and was marked as a sticky to stay forever as the first topic in the PANArt Hang sub-forum - as if this was the most interesting topic regarding the PANArt Hang. Quite silly if you ask me. Let's see the right dimensions: In the last two years more than 600 customers were invited to choose their Free Integral Hang in the Hangbauhaus in Bern. Only 2 of them were disinvited after they received an appointment. These are 0,3 %.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:06 am

Just a thought in case it is useful - if you pay for your travels using credit card, some credit cards have insurance built in, so it may be worth exploring that.

I also mentioned previously that it is a good reminder about the importance of buying travel insurance - an afterthought about that is that while I can understand your position, TouchesMySoul, and it is difficult, to play devil's advocate, it is not Felix and Sabina's fault if someone doesn't have travel insurance...something that is a fundamental recommendation for anyone travelling anywhere, any time.

And to be more esoteric, maybe there is some amazing reason why this trip needs to be taken - and that it will only become apparent afterwards. It would be interesting to see a post here later that says 'it was the best thing that could have happened!'

I only share these things because it doesn't feel to me like you have found peace yet.

Jump to: