Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Music, Video and Concerts » Hang music and video

Post subject: samjjana - hang + Native American Indian flute
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Hello hangsters all,

We finally have some YouTube videos happening. We will be adding more very soon, but it's a good start.

Here is the link of me playing the hang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7szIuiyTzM

And here is the link of me on hang with my partner, Sahayak, on the D drone Native American Indian flute (that we had especially custom made to play with the integral hang)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuXOrnYj44

(We're really pleased with them, especially given we were having a bit of an off day, weren't really feeling 'in the zone' and there were frequent interruptions...we only had the camcorder for a limited time so it was a case of make the best of it!)

Post subject: Re: samjjana - hang + Native American Indian flute
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Maia,
Here is my compliment for your music -
I listened to the recording of your duet with sahayak and his d drone flute and was immediately moved to pick up my own hang and play :)
I like your style of playing, very calm, beautiful and considered. Good luck on your trip!

Post subject: Re: samjjana - hang + Native American Indian flute
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:12 am

Thank you,

Sincerely appreciated...if you haven't already added it as a comment on the YouTube video that would be also appreciated...?

Plus just to mention, that what you have viewed is the older stuff we put on YouTube - since then we've added the Music Alchemy videos, which are a lot better. There's also one of two hanghhang + percussion, which is my favourite. I posted the details just over the last week or so, but if you want to have a look and haven't seen the post, our YouTube channel is 'samjjana1'.

We intend to have a good trip, thanks - including two performances which will make it extra fun :)
Heading off Tuesday morning and lots to do before then. It will feel weird not checking in on the forum for 10 days to 2 weeks! There'll be lots to catch up on...

Jump to: