Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Music, Video and Concerts » Hang music and video

Post subject: Hang, Saxaphone, Bass (and some Accordian)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 pm

Last Sunday I had amazing fun jamming with two very talented musicians - one on bass guitar and the other on tenor saxophone. We recorded the results and I would love to hear the opinions of my fellow Hang players. We are thinking of forming a band around this mix and who better to ask than a Hang-savvy audience :)

We jammed for hours and recorded it all so I have cut it down to what I believe to be the five best 'tracks' in the mix. You can download the MP3's from this link.

They are zipped up so you will need WinZip or WinRar to decompress the files. I really strongly reccomend using some good speakers or a decent pair of headphones to get the best experience.

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Hang, Saxaphone, Bass (and some Accordian)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,

I just listen to this music. A very nice combination :)
I think the musicians have a lot of experience. The result is very relaxing and smooth music.
The saxophone sound is cool. It is not easy to play so soft, that you hear notes who sound only like the breath. Nice.
This together with the base and Hang is very easy listening.
Track 2 with the Accordian is a little bit odd, but it has a special interesting feeling.
Track 10 is my favorite.

Thank you for posting this, Mr.Fox.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks Funky, really great to hear your thoughts.
You are right - the sax player and bassist have both been playing for a long time, I'm lucky to have such talented friends!
hehe, I like the accordian sound being a fan of the motion trio, I think it makes a nice colourful drone.

And yes ten was one of the last we recorded so it is nicely organised - we are all in rythm with each other. The Sax player here wanted to make something with Nigerian feel, so I was somewhat just along for the ride trying to replicate the pattern, I think you can hear I am a bit lost at the beginning! I do like the feel of it alot.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:10 am

I am interested to hear but we are preparing to head off on a 2 week trip so time is a bit tight and I prefer not to get into unzipping files etc just now, so it will be when we get back....I'm very curious though!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 am

Very nice and mellow - I enjoyed this. I also like track 10 the most, I guess because it's more rhythmical than the other tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:00 am

Nah Track 6 is the best!

:)

Jump to: